On January 24th we will be holding the first tying class of the 2015 season; Tying for Beginners: Intro to Tools, Techniques and Terminology. We will cover everything from selection and use of tools, thread selection, and the basic tying skills you will need to get started in this rewarding endeavor. The class cost is $75.00 and will be limited to 6 students (minimum of 2). The class will begin at 9:00 am and will end about 2 pm. All tools and materials are provided. Students will learn to tie three to four flies.
2015 Fly Tying Classes
- Saturday, January 24th: Fly Tying 101: Intro to tools, techniques and terminology ($75), 9am to 2 pm.
- Monday, January 26th and Wednesday, January 28th: Fly Tying 101: Intro to tools, techniques and terminology ($75), Two day course, 5:30pm to 8pm.
- Saturday, February 7th: Fly Tying Fly Tying 201: Building upon fly tying techniques and advancing to dry fies ($75), 9am to 2pm
- Monday, February 9th and Wednesday, February 11th: Fly Tying 101:Intro to tools, techniques and terminology ($75), 5:30pm to 8pm
- Saturday, February 21st: Fly Tying 101: Intro to tools, techniques and terminology ($75), 9am to 2pm
- Monday, February 23rd and Wednesday, February 25th: Fly Tying 201: Building upon fly tying tecniques and advancing to dry flies ($75), 5:30pm to 8pm
- Saturday, March 7th: Fly Tying 201: Bulding upon fly tying techniques and advancing to dry flies ($75), 9am to 2pm
Well it would appear that Old Man Winter had fully descended upon East Tennessee and while we wish we were all somewhere else warm and fishy there's no reason you can't take advantage of our Black Friday Week sale! The sale begins Saturday November 22nd and goes all the way through the following Saturday, November 29th.
Deals you won't want to miss...
- 20% off all Patagonia Apparel.
- Free fly line with any rod and reel purchase!
- Orvis apparel up to 40% off!
- Orvis Endura Waders at close out cost!
- Free Yeti Sidekick with purchase of Yeti Hopper!
- Plus plenty of other closeout deals just time for Christmas!
3 Rivers Angler Fall Blowout!
The leaves are changing and the temperatures are dropping. 3 Rivers Angler is in the processes of clearing out old stock to make room for the all the new rods, waders, apparel, and bags headed our way for the Christmas season. Next week, from October 3rd to October 11th, is your chance to pick up some killer deals on rods, bags, and summer apparel. Some items will be marked down as much as 50%. You will not want to miss this opportunity!
Supporting Great Causes, One Beer at a Time.
Join us for a beer and meet and greet the great folks from the Foothills Land Conservancy. Foothills Land Conservancy is dedicated to protecting, preserving, and enhancing the lands and environments of East Tennessee and promoting the character of the region for the benefit of the general public, now and in the future. So, please, come one come all and help us support these good folks in their mission. If your interested in learning more about the TCWN and how you can exercise your rights all while raising a glass then please stop by and join us October 16th from 6 to 9 at 3 Rivers Angler.
First beer is free with a $5 suggested donation after that. 10% of store sales that evening will also be donated to Foothills. 3 Rivers Angler’s Cheers for Charity program helps to raise awareness of local non-profits. It’s held the third Thursday of every month through October.
Yeti® Hopper™ Soft-Side Bag Cooler
After much anticipation and a bit of a delayed launch, the Yeti Hopper 30 is in store and ready for your tailgaiting needs!
Closed-cell foam ColdCell insulation retains cold unlike other coolersDryHide shell with leakproof RF-welded seamsWaterproof and airtight HydroLok zipperSecure and accessorize using D-ring tie-down points and HitchPoint grid
Keep beverages and food ice cold with the Yeti Hopper Soft-Side Bag Cooler. Don't let the "soft" name fool you; the Hopper sports a DryHide™ shell with RF-welded seams that offer the same leakproof performance of whitewater rafts. Closed-cell foam ColdCell™ insulation is 1" thick on sides and 1-1/2" thick on the bottom, retaining cold unlike any other cooler on the market. The HydroLok™ zipper is waterproof and airtight, much like the zippers on survival suits and HazMat gear, ensuring liquid and ice stay where they belong. Secure the Hopper and other accessories with the D-ring tie-down points and HitchPoint™ grid.
24-1/2"H x 12-1/5"W x 16-1/2"D.
Wt: 6 lbs.
Page 10 of 28